I have labeled the blogs with video as vid so if you just wanna see those click here -> vid.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Texas Folk Life Festival part 1

So its Saturday and the Texas Folk Life Festival is here in San Antonio. It is a celebration of all the different cultures and groups that make San Antonio such a diverse city. I believe our city is one of the most well integrated and culturally diverse cities in the country. This festival is about food and fun and laughter and dancing and the rich history of Texas and San Antonio. There are enough booths and activities set up to cover a 22 acre area. There are nine stages for performances and the festival runs between 10am and 11pm Friday to Sunday. I really enjoy the folk life festival because you get introduced to some of the organizations or societies you likely didn't know even existed in San Antonio. Also you get to sample great food from all over the world and listen to great music and dance.

These are my favorite videos from this weekend. I have started listing the length of the video above it so you can tell how long it is before hand. I also have tried to keep most of these to 1 min or a min and a half.

2:32 - Caribbean Folk Dancers

This by far my favorite video, they were having so much fun and just cutting it up. I loved watching this group, you can tell they had a lot of fun also. And the lead lady she was working it out. The group is KaZamba (www.kazamba.org).


2:03 - Lebanese Dancers

These ladies were awesome, actually it was a mixed group of men and women and boys and girls. All the groups were awesome, but this is by far my favorite performace of the Lebanese groups.


1:16 - Latin Flamenco Dancers

These ladies were also very good, I got there as with almost all of these videos with about a minute or so to go, but I really liked there performance as well.

I will have a couple more videos down below in part 2.

No comments: