I have labeled the blogs with video as vid so if you just wanna see those click here -> vid.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

New York and Amsterdam

So today Nick and I both were flying out of San Antonio! OMG, oh my freakin God, I nearly missed my flight. I mean I was in dead sprint in the airport to get to my gate. I was lucky, I was the second to last person to get on the plane. The day just started out rough and seemed to get worse, in actuality it didn't. Probably something to do with partying and drinikng so much the night before.

Well, I was flying to New York city to go with my mom and my cousin lee to visit the big apple and go see Fantasia on broadway in "The Color Purple". Nicholas on the other hand was flying back home to Amsterdam a few hours after my flight.

It was a long day, from the hang over, to the runnning in the airport, to long flight which was, San Antonio to Dallas, Dallas to New York.

We both made it safely to our desinations, I got to the hotel room at about 10 pm. I immediately dragged my mom and Lee out. I told them 'we only got a day and a half left so we got to see as much as possible'.

They both arrived much earlier in the day and had already experienced the subway, the bus, and taken a cab ride. From the stories they told me they were not thrilled about the subway anymore. Evidently my mom fell and Lee nearly lost her purse to the closing door. So we walked and laughed and stood in awe as we got to Times Square.

Movies and tv do not do it justice, Times Square is so much more alive and bright and vivid they I imagined. Here are the videos from our first night.


0:57 - Times Square



2:26 - Times Square

No comments: