I have labeled the blogs with video as vid so if you just wanna see those click here -> vid.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why Obama and not McCain

Its funny to me that someone on a sports forum website got me to realize why I support and will vote for Senator Barack Obama. Here are some of my reasons for voting for Senator Obama and why I can not support Senator McCain.

Mainly because I don't support John McCain. I'm going to tell you why I support Obama also, don't worry.

McCain instills fear in me and I do not trust him. He said it himself, with his own mouth, 'he will say what he has to for his political ambition'. This explains to me why McCain 08 would pander after the evangelical vote by hugging up to Falwell and Hagee after calling them out a few years ago.

He comes off as a warmonger, and is way way to anxious to jump out with military action. And me as a veteran, I do not appreciate his many votes against veterans issues. And yes this is something I follow very closely.

Obama inspires me to believe that our country can be better. Don't turn your nose up yet, because it is important that your leader inspire you. He wants people to stand up and take responsibility for themselves. He wants people, young and old, to volunteer to serve and better the country, kinda like the peace corps in the 60's-70's.

Obama has worked in the ghettos and on the streets to improve the lives of citizens. Our country is 150% headed in the wrong direction and every poll shows Americans overwhelmingly say they same thing. Our standing in the world has likely never been lower, and Obama brings an opportunity to show we can listen as well as lead. His votes and support amongst Republican congressmen and women shows he knows that congress is about compromising and doing whats best for the people. Not just what looks good for the people (i.e. gas tax holiday).

These are some reasons why I will easily vote for Senator Barack Obama! If I have reguritated something from the so called liberal media please point out what it is. These are my own thoughts after doing my own research. And I do watch all 3 news agencies, Fox (fixed), CNN (fair), MSNBC (liberal).

To you I say remember there is a serious difference between political opinion shows (i.e. O'Reiley, Countdown, Hannity & Colmes, Lou Dobbs) and reporting the news.

Obama/Clark '08

No comments: